Thursday, June 17, 2010

17 days, 13 months, nearing the end of a week.

Well, well, well. . . so much to do and so much to talk about!

17 DAYS

Well,
Today was the seventeenth day of reading through the Bible in 90 Days. I finished up Joshua and started in Judges. The recurring theme, over the last few book of the Bible actually, has been the complete incompetence of the Israelites. (Sorry to be so harsh). Through the leadership of Moses, all the way through Joshua, the Israelites proved to me the most fickle, untrusting people I have ever seen. I look at their journey and see all of the incredible miracles the Lord preformed right before their eyes and the absolute grace that can be seen over them. However, throughout it all the complained over and over about leaving Egypt, about not having meat or water, etc. They doubted God at every turn. It seemed to me that every few chapters, either their leader, an angel of the Lord, or God himself had to give the Israelites a history lesson on all he had already done for them before they would press on any further. It seems completely silly looking at them from the outside perspective. However, if we take a step back and think is it possible the we do the same things?
Have we not all doubted God? Even if you haven't, you can bet their has been a time where you have a least questioned God, whether it be something He did or the methods by which He did it. How silly is it that God has to give us a little review over everything He has already done for us, which we can all say is a whoolllleee LOT of good things, before we will trust Him with the next thing, the next situation, the next decision. As I keep the story of the Israelites in mind, it gives the phrase, "Just give it to God" a whole new meaning. It is something I am going to focus on from here on out. I need not complain, God has supplied my every need. I need not worry, He knows everything from my beginning to my end. I need not grumble, His ways are higher than mine. I need not question, He is always right!



13 MONTHS


Todays marks my thirteen month anniversary with my best friend. Vincent Michael Hahr is certainly one of the good things God has done for me. I feel so unworthy to have been given such a blessing. I am amazed at God for bringing me someone who knows me better than anyone else ever has, without me having to explain myself. Someone who makes up for my weaknesses and knows just how to make bad days better. I don't think there are the right words to express how lucky I am, but I love my boyfriend that's for sure.





NEARING THE END OF A WEEK. . . .

Well, it has been a VERY full and fun week in East Tennessee. There is nothing like learning about your heritage, seeing where your family came from and spending some quality time with loved ones. I have loved everything about this trip. Although, I am sure that all this Southern cooking killed the five pounds I lost last week. Darn! Tomorrow, we leave and stop in North Carolina for a little visit before heading home. Boy oh boyyyyy am I ready to see some faces and not be driving this car!! So far I have taken about 1,200 pictures. It has been so much fun :)

Until next time, I love you all <3

No comments:

Post a Comment