Saturday, June 5, 2010

TTBI90D: Days 3-5 and some other happenings :)

The end of Genesis and the Beginning of Exodus!

We are currently up to chapter 15 in Exodus. I must admit that it feels like a milestone, as small as it may be, to have finishing the first book. I am just as committed to this journey as ever, and I am so thankful that two of the most amazing ladies I know are along for the ride. Check out "Lights. . . Camera. . . Ashley" for another great blog.

The end of Genesis revolves pretty much entirely on the story of Joseph. This has always been one of my favorite characters in the Bible. This is a story in which the hand of God is so clearly evident that is is mesmerizing to watch God orchestrate the events of Joseph's life. Joseph was the underdog. Misunderstood, under-appreciated, scorned, mocked, sold, imprisoned, etc. How many of us would have quit after our own brothers sold us into slavery? Or how about after he was imprisoned? So many things happened in Joseph's life that could have given him a reason to quit. However, he let God work out His master plan, and the man that was sold as a slave in Egypt came to rule over it. Such is the power of God. Great and mighty things happen when we let the Lord work. I also love the portrayal of forgiveness we see. When Joseph and his brother's were reunited, they feared he would carry a vendetta against them for all of their evils against them. Instead of payback or vengeance, Joseph forgave and reassured his brothers that they were the means God used to bring Joseph into a position to save the people from the terrible famine. How mysterious and wonderful are the ways of the Lord!

Now that I am getting into Exodus, I have begun reading the story of Moses. Another very familiar story to me, but one that brings to mind a quote I once heard.

"God does not call the equipped;
He equips the called."

Moses did not understand why God has chosen him to lead the Israelites out of bondage, and he made sure that he gave the Lord a full list of reasons He was not good enough. God simply replied that He would give Moses what he needed. After more and more excuses, Moses finally went. How many times does God call me to do something that I refuse or I explain that I am just not equipped to handle that calling?

I am going to Kenya this December! When I first felt the Lord calling me to go I thought, I can't do this! I can't raise that money, I can't communicate with the people, I can't go to Africa! and maybe I can't, but God can. God can bring the money and help me connect with the people of Kenya. I am going, fully expecting God to show up. Pray with me about this trip :)

Well, that is all for now. I am semi-caught up. :)
Five days down. . . eighty-five to go :)

No comments:

Post a Comment