Friday, June 25, 2010

I may not be on the fast track, but I'm still strapped in for the ride.

I have always loved the story of Ruth. One of my favorite ladies of the Bible for sure! What I love is that nothing about her life turned out the way she expected it to, but God still gave her a wonderful ending. It's like that with God. We think we have it all planned out until he comes in and changes everything. Ruth was a young woman with her life ahead of her, when unexpectedly her husband dies. She is left to care for her mother-in-law. I tried to put myself in these shoes. I cannot imagine losing my husband. It is a scenario I have had to think about. Vin is a firefighter, it is is passion. I think it is amazing, yet terrifying all at the same time. If something happened, and I was put in Ruth's shoes, would I have the strength to go on? Could I turn all my hurt and heartache, broken dreams and plans over to God and allow him to redeem my life's story into something all his own. Her resilience and selflessness amazes me. She could have hated God and blamed Him, but rather she trusted enough to follow the new path He set out for her. I love the book of Ruth, definitely a great read, even though it's only four chapters.



- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -


Well, tomorrow we are going the St. Augustine area. Vin and I were given a gift certificate for a photo shoot with Sara Purdy Photography. I can't wait :) I bought us coordinating outfits. Yah, I'm a dork like that. We are having famly breakfast in the morning so I will be up making pancakes and eggs for my favorite peoples <3 Yay! It's gonna be a greaaattt Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment